We have eleven residential homes, three in Halifax and eight in Huddersfield each of a different type, size and character, in a variety of settings.
All the homes have at least one eight seat vehicle, or access to a vehicle, including some with conversion to carry a wheelchair.
One important aspect which makes each home different is the people who live there. Everyone has a say in how their home is run and everyone who can, helps to run them.
If you choose to live in one of our homes you will have; your own room decorated and furnished according to your own style; days and evenings maybe out and about doing the things you want, the company of others and a staff team who will work tirelessly to support you with your day to day needs and help you achieve your goals and aspirations.
You will also find:
- Homely and warm environments
- Activities such as swimming, cinema, dancing, discos, eating out - just to name a few!
- Access to day services including: computing, arts and craft, environmental projects, horticulture, drama – and many more
- Good nutritional food which also meets your cultural and medical needs
- Trips out and holidays
- Staff who have undergone a rigorous recruitment process with a Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) check
- Well trained and qualified staff